Thank you for being a friend and listening in this week, which marks the 30th anniversary of the debut of The Golden Girls. What better way to celebrate than to talk about sitcoms? And who better to have that discussion with than Dave Swindle, the West Coast Editor for the counter-culture publishing company Liberty Island?
Listen/download it here or subscribe on iTunes.
- Liberty Island is a counter-culture production company which helps develop right-leaning writers. Check them out, they do interesting work. You can follow them on Twitter, too.
- You can find and follow Dave on Twitter here.
- Tracey Ross from the Center for American Progress talks about the political impact of The Golden Girls, which tackled several topics (including age discrimination and gay marriage) that most other sitcoms of the time did not. That’s not surprising given series creator Susan Harris’s background.
- We close out the podcast with a hypothetical: Who would win in a fight between TV Dads pitting Danny Tanner versus Carl Winslow? We are not the first to tackle this subject.
- Finally: Are you feeling down? Having a rough day there, slugger? This will get you going.